Introducing the Knobbed Cylinders
The Knobbed Cylinders are a Montessori Sensorial material, designed to assist children in making distinctions in their immediate environment. This material primarily engages the senses of touch and sight.
The material is comprised of 5 different cylinders with ‘knobs’ used to hold each object using the pincer grip. Each cylinder fits into a specific hole on a solid block of wood.
There are four different variations of the Knobbed Cylinders, allowing children to challenge different perceptions of preliminary mathematical concepts, such as weight and size. Each Knobbed Cylinder block differs as follows:
- Block One: varies on height and diameter, ie. the tallest cylinder also has the widest diameter.
- Block Two: variation is based on the diameter of each hole.
- Block Three: varies on height and diameter, ie. the tallest cylinder also has the thinnest diameter.
- Block Four: variation is based on the height of the cylinders.
- 1) The child learns to judge size by sight.
- 2) The child reaches an abstract conception of dimension, and
- this interest and knowledge enable him to observe the
- environment with intelligence.
- 3) The child develops coordination of movement.
- 4) The child is given an indirect preparation for writing. The
- fingers and thumb, which will later hold the pencil, are being
- used to hold the knobs. These digits are also used in the
- manipulation of most tools (e.g. spoon, scissors, brush).
- Therefore, the hand is being trained for manipulative skill.
- 5) A preparation for mathematics.
Attention: Full set contains both wooden cylinder and colorful blocks for play extension.
Excellent toys-developers. Everything is perfectly processed, quality. You can come up with various types of games with the child: on the form, size, etc. Shipping fast.
In the blue plash tight insert 2 cylinders, I do not reduce the evaluation, because the daughter adores them